Published on May 17th, 2012 | by Gavin Jones0
More Games, More TV Shows, More Comics and a Very Special Guest at MCM London Comic Con!
I like MCM Expo, it’s a lot of fun and not quite like any other con I’ve been to. They get some great comic talent there but also focus a lot on other media; TV, movies and games. To that end I always like to give them some free promotion and this is their most recent press release with a very impressive little guest:
Danny DeVito plays the titular Lorax in the movie, which comes from the creators of Despicable Me and is based on the much-loved book by Dr. Seuss.. The Lorax panel will be held on Sunday 27 May.
FILM AND TV GUESTS
• UK TV channel Watch will be hosting a panel for Grimm, the hit drama that blends police procedural with characters inspired by Grimms’ Fairy Tales. David Giuntoli, who plays Grimm’s central character homicide detective Nick Burkhardt, will be meeting fans and speaking about the show. Giuntoli has also appeared in series such as Nip/Tuck, Veronica Mars, Grey’s Anatomy, Ghost Whisperer and Cold Case.
• The Watch panel will also play host to Sanctuary star Pascal Hutton and give MCM London Comic Con visitors an exclusive sneak preview of the upcoming Primeval: New World show with Series Executive Katy Newman.
• Raphael Sbarge, star of hugely popular US fantasy drama Once Upon a Time. Raphael plays the dual roles of therapist Archie Hopper and his fairy tale counterpart Jiminy Cricket from Pinocchio in the hit ABC series.
• Saturday of MCM London Comic Con will see a panel on British supernatural drama series Bedlam, featurinLg cast members Jack Roth and Nikesh Patel plus the show’s three writers, David Allison, Neil Jones and Chris Parker.
• Anthony Daniels, best known for playing lovable protocol droid C3PO in all six Star Wars movies, will be joining our other great sci-fi special guests on the Saturday of MCM London Comic Con to meet fans and sign autographs
• Sarah Shahi, who plays lead character Kate Reed in Universal’s legal drama Fairly Legal. Sarah is also well known for playing in Carmen in The L Word.
• Legendary comic creator Marv Wolfman (New Teen Titans, Crisis on Infinite Earths, Blade, Bullseye) will be making his first UK convention appearance in over 20 years. Attending the show as part of ShiftyLook, the Tokyo-based webcomics arm of Namco Bandai, Marv will also be announcing a brand-new webcomic based on a popular Namco arcade game!
• For a complete list of the great ShiftyLook comic creators coming to MCM London Comic Con, along with their panel, competition and free autograph signing schedules, please visit http://shiftylook.com/news/shiftylook-at-london-mcm-expo-the-full-schedule/
• First UK playable for Square Enix’s open world crime actioner Sleeping Dogs. Visitors to the Square Enix stand will also be able to preview Nintendo 3DS exclusive rhythm game Theatrhythm Final Fantasy and puzzle platformer Quantum Conundrum.
• Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will be giving Comic Con visitors the chance to preview superhero-themed action-adventure sequel Lego Batman 2.
• Namco Bandai will be holding a Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Gernerations tournament on MCM Stage B at 3.30pm on Saturday.
• Namco Bandai will be bringing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 arcade machines to MCM London Comic Con with Gamespot UK; not only is it one of the first opportunities for Tekken fans to try out the game, but the arcade machines themselves are very rare – there are none at all in the UK at all at present!
• Namco Bandai will also be hosting daily presentations on the Gamespot UK stage, giving show visitors the inside scoop on hot new titles including Tales of Graces f, Ni No Kuni and Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
• Other games coming to the Gamespot UK stand include Ubisoft’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Tecmo Koei’s Dead Or Alive 5 and Airtight Games’ puzzle platformer Quantum Conundrum. Gamespot is also bringing Trials Evolution back to the show, with chances across the weekend for visitors to put times on their live leaderboard and win all manner of prizes.
• Rising Star’s stand will feature demo pods showcasing bullet hell shoot-’em-up Akai Katana and The King of Fighters XIII on Xbox 360; role-playing game Rune Factory Oceans on the PS3 and retro-style music game collection Bit.Trip Complete for the Nintendo Wii.
• Konami will be giving show visitors a flavour of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game and screening the latest Yu-Gi-Oh! film, Bonds Beyond Time. In addition, everyone taking part in a demonstration of the card game will receive a demo pack, Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG booster and Free Structure Deck flyer.
To buy tickets to the MCM London Comic Con at Excel London on 25-27 May, please visit: https://www.mcmexpostore.com/store/